Monday, February 4, 2008

A Concrete Grade Wall: Project by Ray

Photobucket

This is a project that was done several years back but I had documented it in photos as I went along. I needed to produce a wall for the grade transistion and had discussed it with a co-worker. He came up with a form to cast hydrocal walls that were exactly what I needed.
I used washes of paint and alcohol with india ink to get rid of the bright white color.

Photobucket

I built a frame of wood to glue the walls too.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I used chicken wire for a base for the plaster cloth.

Photobucket

Photobucket

On top of the plaster cloth I used sifted real dirt, ground up twigs and different sizes and shades of ground cover.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This project met all my objectives and it tied in very well to the overpass.

3 comments:

Vulcan said...

WOW, Ray! Super! I came here looking for something else and was a pleasantly surprised.

bfishma said...

nice work ray! always good to see some chicken-wire ... brings back memories of my old layout. wonderful stuff and a job well done.

Anonymous said...

You say your friend came up with a way to cast the actual walls. Do you actually have a picture of the forms?